Everything Hunting

Sunday, March 12, 2006

LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEARS RUT!!!


Well if you saw some nice deer this year and you didn't shoot them. Your most likely looking forward to next year's rut. This was the first year I based my days out on the moon phase. A guy I work with said it is the hottest point of the rut during a full moon. So really there could be 3 ruts possibly 4, but I tested his method and it seems to be a good tactic. With my slug gun in hand I made for the woods. I can only hunt hogs so I figured hog hunt and practice my whitetail skills. In a previous post I mentioned I saw a good buck and later posted the picture. I hope to see him again this year and get more shots of him. I will leave the house religiously with video camera in hand. I just hope I can hold the damn thing still enough to get a good picture or video of him. I scanned him and zoomed in on him pretty good for a good look of his rack. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home